Nav Bar

About     ♦   Foraging     ♦   Backpacking     ♦   Trail Food    ♦   Wild@Home    ♦    Links    ♦   Demeter's Wild @ Home Store

Emergency Essentials/BePrepared

Homemade Energy Gel Packets Video

I really like the ease and simplicity of those little packs of energy gel.  The only thing is that they are really expensive.  I can find them on sale for $1 each, but most of the time they are in the $1.50-$2.00 range.  For 100-ish calories that is a lot of money per calorie. 

I decided to try and make my own packets of energy gel with store bought ingredients.  The results were quite satisfying!!  Although, I must admit that sugar alone doesn't do a lot for me. I tend to get the sugar-crash thing going during my hikes, so I prefer nut butters over straight sugar gel packets.  Regardless, the idea is the same, and I love to play around in my kitchen.

Here is my video of homemade energy gel. Please comment if you have any packet-worthy recipes!

No comments :

Post a Comment